Today's Speaker Spotlight is on Ms. Veronica Arreola. What can I say? It's best that you read for yourself. Let's just say that she's amazing!
Veronica will be one of the women on the Town Hall discussion "Marketing to Women of Color: The Real Deal". Veronica blogs at http://www.vivalafeminista.com/ which is described as "written by a woman living in Chicago trying to navigate and understand the intersection between being a feminist, a mom, and a Latina. Besides the every day rantings and ravings."
Here's a little more about Veronica in her words:
1. Tell us something about you that you would never tell your mom? That she did succeed in scaring me out of getting a tattoo. She died 6 years ago and I still think she’d find a way to carve it out with a butter knife.
2. In your spare ten minutes each day, what would you wish you could be doing? What are you actually doing? Reading a book outside. Thinking about the next thing I’m going to write.
3. If money was no object, what item of clothing or accessory would you like to have? A pair of fabulous black Mary Jane heels. I have a nice pair, but not a fab pair. Those cost a bit more than Payless.
4. You're five minutes away from work and realized that you forgot something. What would be that one thing that would make you turn around and go back home? My office keys – happens a lot actually.
5. Describe yourself in 5 adjectives? Happy, messy, busy, energetic and loving
6. If you were granted three wishes from an angel or genie what would you want? One day where my late-mom and daughter can finally meet. We’d go to Disney World. Wish #2 would be for my mortgage to be paid off. Wish #3 would be to be healthy enough to see my daughter grown and with her own family.
7. When you were growing up what did you want to become when you grew up? Astronaut, marine biologist, teacher, writer.
8. Which is the trait you love the most and least about yourself? I love that I’m optimistic, I hate that it leads me to take on too much!
9. Do you have a tattoo, where is it located and what does it stand for? None! Yet.
10. What do you do when (you think) no one is looking? Watch entertainment news.
Want more of Veronica...check her out:
Chicago Abortion FundWomen In Media & NewsNOW Mothers & Caregivers Economic Rights
She's in the current issue of Ms. Magazine - On sale now!http://www.msmagazine.com/summer2009/mommyblogs.asp
She'll be speaking at:Florida Consortium for Women's Studies October 2-4 in Tampa, FL http://web1.cas.usf.edu/wst/fcws/