Today's spotlight is on Mommy Niri out of Boston. Niri has so much going on that it's kinda hard to even describe her happenings so you should just visit mommyniri.com. Niri will be a panelist on "Secrets to a Successful Blog" and as soon as you visit her site you'll see why she's on that panel. Her site is different and awesome - I just love it!
She's an interesting lady and when I had to choose whether to post her official bio or her answers to our 10 fun questions, I couldn't.
"Mommy Niri, a mom to 2 little girls, exchanged her rat race life as a software engineer for her rug rats. Having had a love for journalism forever but not daring to pursue it in the turbulent South Africa (where she was born and bred), she is now writing to her heart’s content from her current hometown of Boston. You can also find her writing at Retrevo.com (as a parenting angle on technology) and MomsOfHue.com (featuring women of color) and has worked with companies like Hooked On Phonics and iRobot. She has been featured in several newspapers including Parent's And Kids Magazine. You can find her speaking at the upcoming Blogalicious conference. Her writing has gained her popularity as Mommy Niri has been nominated for the Nickelodeon Parent's Pick Award. She doesn’t do anything she isn’t passionate about (except maybe diapers)!"
1. Tell us something about you that you would never tell your mom? That she was correct about everything!
2. In your spare ten minutes each day, what would you wish you could be doing? What are you actually doing? What spare 10 minutes?
3. If money was no object, what item of clothing or accessory would you like to have? Something that hides these thighs!
4. You're five minutes away from work and realized that you forgot something. What would be that one thing that would make you turn around and go back home? My cellphone
5. Describe yourself in 5 adjectives? Passionate, Honest, Kind, Loyal and Just
6. If you were granted three wishes from an angel or genie what would you want? 1 - To Have my mom back alive, 2-To see all my family together again 3-To have Mommy Niri be a success
7. When you were growing up what did you want to become when you grew up? A lawyer
8. Which is the trait you love the most and least about yourself? A little hot-headed
9. Do you have a tattoo, where is it located and what does it stand for? None, wish I did
10. What do you do when (you think) no one is looking? The same I do when everyone is looking. I am just me, all the time.
Be sure to add Niri to your blogroll - if she's not already there!