Blogalicious Weekend has moved to Wordpress!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://blogaliciousweekend.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Blogalicious 2010: Spotlighting Michelle

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Spotlighting Michelle

"Community, advice and resources for working moms" is the by-line on this blog and it rightfully describes what our speaker is about. Michele Dortch will be a panelist on Mom 2.0 and after visiting her blog you'll agree that she is a perfect fit for this session. Michelle, a mom of 3, offers her personal stories of balancing work and life, while sharing tips for other similarly-situated moms. Here are Michelle's responses to our 10 fun questions:

In your spare ten minutes each day, what would you wish you could be doing?
Running or sleeping. These are the two activities that in short bursts give me incredible energy.

What are you actually doing?
Tidying my house! It's a process that never seems to cease with three kids, a husband and a dog. Sadly, this doesn't give me any energy and instead exhausts me.

You're five minutes away from work and realized that you forgot something. What would be that one thing that would make you turn around and go back home?
My iPhone. Aside from air and water, my iPhone is an absolute necessity.

Describe yourself in 5 adjectives?
Honest (to a fault sometimes). Spiritual. Passionate. Focused. Helpful.

If you were granted three wishes from an angel or genie what would you want?
Wish #1 - To be 100% debt-free.
Wish #2 - To run a successful non-profit foundation that serves women & children in some way.
Wish #3 - To make a real living as a writer; I imagine working from my home located off the Southern California coastline - writing and loving every minute of it!

When you were growing up what did you want to become when you grew up?
I've always aspired to be a published writer, though my parents tried desperately to steer me in a different direction. They succeeded for a very long time. It's not until recently (like the last 12 months) that I made a conscious decision to pursue writing as a career. Terrifying and exhilarating all at once!

Which is the trait you love the most and least about yourself?
What I love most: my loyalty to people and causes. If I believe in you or your cause, I will stand alongside you/it, be your advocate, and cheer you across the finish line. What I love least: I am so focused that I can be resistant to change. I'm quickly growing out of this the longer I'm a mom and married. Change is a mainstay in my life no matter what I do to prevent it!

What do you do when (you think) no one is looking?
Ask her when you meet her*

General Info:Blogs: http://www.integratedmother.com/ and http://www.writerunpray.com/
Web: http://www.micheledortch.com/
Twitter: @integratedmom

No comments:

Post a Comment