As you may know, the three founding partners of Blogalicious are all attorneys. But, just as you would not go to the podiatrist for advice about your eyes, you will need to consult an intellectual property attorney for advice on the "Possibilities and Pitfalls of Having YOU on Net". And that's exactly what we've done. We are thrilled that Latoicha Givens will be sharing her expertise on the myriad of legal issues that we face in the blogasphere. Here's a little more about Latoicha in her own words:
"Latoicha is the founding partner of the firm, Phillips Givens LLC. Her practice includes representation of start-ups, small, and mid-sized businesses in intellectual property matters. Specifically, she provides legal services in the following areas: trademarks, copyrights, legal issues in new media, and licensing issues. She also writes a law blog entitled http://www.iplaw101.com/. There she provides practical tips for individuals and small businesses in solving basic intellectual property issues. Latoicha is a frequent speaker on intellectual property issues and has been featured in the Atlanta Tribune Magazine and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. She is also a contributing writer for Black Web 2.0, the Brand Protection Council, and the United Kingdom Management Forum. She is also writes a beauty blog entitled Luxetips at http://www.luxetips.com/ There Latoicha shares how every woman can live the luxe life regardless of occupation or budget. Follow her on Twitter @IPLAW101 and @Luxetips."
• Tell us something about you that you would never tell your mom? No comment. LOL!
• In your spare ten minutes each day, what would you wish you could be doing? What are you actually doing? Lounging in the Sun. I am actually checking email or my social media accounts.
• If money was no object, what item of clothing or accessory would you like to have? Louis Vuitton Train Case.
• You're five minutes away from work and realized that you forgot something. What would be that one thing that would make you turn around and go back home? My cell phone.
• Describe yourself in 5 adjectives? Outgoing, Emotional, Sociable, Funny, Optimistic
• If you were granted three wishes from an angel or genie what would you want? To be absolutely happy....always!
• When you were growing up what did you want to become when you grew up? Actually a Doctor and then a Lawyer, and Business Owner. I am doing 2 out of the 3.
• Which is the trait you love the most and least about yourself? I am so emotional. I love it because I am always feeling an emotion. I don't like it because sometimes it makes me crazy!
• Do you have a tattoo, where is it located and what does it stand for? NO.
• What do you do when (you think) no one is looking? Dance and sing wherever I am.