Blogalicious Weekend has moved to Wordpress!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://blogaliciousweekend.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Blogalicious 2010: Heather's in the spotlight today

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Heather's in the spotlight today

Our featured speaker today (and the countdown is on by the way) is Ms. Heather Barmore. Heather will be one of the fabulous women on the panel for the Town Hall & Plenary Session - Marketing to Women of Color: The Real Deal. I'm looking forward to Heather's remarks because she is witty and bright and honest. In the meanwhile here's a little more about Heather in her own words:

Tell us something about you that you would never tell your mom? Six months shy of my 21st birthday I got caught - by the police - purchasing a handle of gin. Also I'm getting another tattoo.

In your spare ten minutes each day, what would you wish you could be doing? What are you actually doing? In my spare ten minutes I wish I could be at Anthropologie. I'm actually reluctantly returning messages via the phone. Which begs the question of why people don't use email. Email is great and doesn't require me to hem and haw on the phone I can do my work without having to speak to anyone. I like that.

If money was no object, what item of clothing or accessory would you like to have? A simple yet ornate Tiffany right hand ring. Inscribed would be 'SINKing and loving it!'

You're five minutes away from work and realized that you forgot something. What would be that one thing that would make you turn around and go back home? KLONOPIN!

Describe yourself in 5 adjectives? Indolent. Mercurial. Wino. Fun. Loyal.

If you were granted three wishes from an angel or genie what would you want? 1) A book deal that left me enough freedom to write but still do what I do 2) Someone to unpack my apartment/decorate/clean 3) To be three sizes smaller (oh, vanity!)

When you were growing up what did you want to become when you grew up? A Senator who was picked to be a Presidential nominee's running mate and we end up winning (duh) so I become Vice President.

Which is the trait you love the most and least about yourself? I love to write and yet I spend so much time surrounded by words and thinking of words and then I get upset when people don't like the particular words I've chosen. Because they're buttheads (I picked that word out just for them).

Do you have a tattoo, where is it located and what does it stand for? I have a tattoo of a butterfly on the inside of my right ankle. It stands for "I just moved to DC, I'm 17 years old, I have a fake ID and so what ridiculously stupid thing can I do with my fake ID? I know! Get a tattoo of a stupid, ubiquitous, BUTTERFLY" Clearly there's a lot of meaning to it.

What do you do when (you think) no one is looking? Pretend I'm being interviewed on Meet the Press or The Daily Show. I'm usually in the car. But I'm laughing my ass off and talking a lot and wildly gesticulating. I'd make an awesome interviewee.

For more from Heather check her out at http://nopasanada.org; @TheHeatherB on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment